I finally got all the screens done. The wind finally did me a favor. High winds make installing 6'x8' screens a bit dicey. I knew I needed to get it done because I'd had several birds, many dragonflies and lots of leaves find the way in but not always the way out. So, I did screens and Rob did admin stuff.
We did take some time out in the middle of the day to take my 94 year old Father in Law to vote. I had printed a sample ballot for him to study and he was ready to vote on Friday. We picked him up, took him to early voting and Rob went in with him. Sam voted and then we took him for a milkshake. He was happy to get to vote and he loved his milkshake.
After a full day of screens, admin work, some yard work and voting, we decided to take a walk to the Cocoa Beach pier for happy hour. It is a short 3/4 mile walk to the beach and then a gorgeous walk along the beach to the pier.
YOU CAN JUST SEE THE PIER IN THE DISTANCE
The walk was beautiful and the beach was pleasantly busy. As we got closer to the pier, we noticed surfers taking in a few waves. The pier is always popular for surfing.
We enjoyed a happy hour beer and watched the goings on. We decided to walk back partly on the beach and partly along A1A. A1A is the coastal road that runs through Cocoa Beach.
One very popular stop in Cocoa Beach is Ron Jon surf shop.
Ron Jon Surf Shop is a surfer style retail store chain founded in 1959 in Ship Bottom, New Jersey by Ron DiMenna.[1] The store specializes in surfing and bodyboarding equipment, and their Cocoa Beach, Florida, store is currently the largest surfing shop in the world.
Ron Jons is huge. They have so much stuff and their t-shirts and stickers are very popular. I have seen both of these things all over the world.
SAND SCULPTURE OF KELLY SLATER
Robert Kelly Slater (born February 11, 1972) is an American professional surfer known for his competitive prowess and style. He has been crowned World Surf League Champion a record 11 times, including 5 consecutive titles in 1994–98. He is the youngest (at age 20) and the oldest (at age 39) to win the title. Upon winning his 5th world title in 1997, Slater passed Australian surfer Mark Richards to become the most successful champion in the history of the sport. In 2007 he also became the all-time leader in career event wins by winning the Boost Mobile Pro event at Lower Trestles near San Clemente, California. The previous record was held by Slater's childhood hero, three-time world champion. Kelly was born, raised and learned to surf in Cocoa Beach.
The night walk was gorgeous. It was breezy and pleasant. We got home and settled for the night.
Today was attack the garage day. We had so much stuff in it that we could not get to the things we needed. This was driving me crazy. I know that garages can be catchalls but it had gotten ridiculous. Our first chore was to basically pull everything out and decide what needed to go. Rob and I usually differ on this but we worked really well together and truly performed a garage miracle. We can now get to everything and the car fits.
We also worked on the sprinkler system but did not make much progress. We need to keep at that.
We had worked all day and Rob suggested that we walk to dinner. I am usually game for this but the restaurant he suggested was about 5 miles away. I suggested we drive. As we were driving, he asked if we were nearly there and I said no. We quickly realized that he did not know how far away it was and he said he was so glad we drove. Ten miles was just a bit much for a dinner walk. Dinner was good and we came home and took the girls for a walk.
We have had a productive few days and we are starting to see progress.
Another great day in this thing we call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment