The breezy temperate days followed by clear bright nights are soothing. It is easy to see how one could become pleasantly entrenched in the lifestyle that many locals enjoy.
For me, it is a great place to visit. I am pretty sure I would get Island Fever if I were here long term but I am thoroughly enjoying our week.
Rob and I headed to Key West on Friday. It is a short drive from where we are and as we made our way south, we decided that Marathon's Grassy Key was a really good place for Lewis. Our RV resort is quite small and very personal. The few sites that we noticed between Marathon and Key West were huge. I am sure they are optimal for families with children or for long term visitors. They probably offer plenty of activities and there is always someone to talk to.
We got to Key West and found a place to park. We had the girls with us so we all went for a walk. We made our obligatory stop at the southernmost point in the US. There was a fairly large line if we wanted a picture of ourselves standing next to the marker so we decided to pass. We knew we had been there. I did take a picture of the marker.
It was Veteran's Day and there were boat races so the area was quite crowded. We made our way to Duval street and stopped at a nicely shaded outdoor eatery that was dog friendly. We found a table, ordered a beer and some crab and cheese dip. Both of the girls got a drink and settled themselves for a rest.
Key West is nice but seemed very crowded. The combination of a federal holiday and boat races probably added to the jumble. We had a good long walk, did some window shopping and decided we'd had enough. I got a few pictures but two dogs and lots of people can cut into a photographer's karma.
While we were driving back to Lewis, Rob and I decided that he needed to drive back to Cocoa Beach to check on his dad. Sam had been admitted to the hospital for aspiration pneumonia. He was being well cared for but we both knew that Rob would feel better if he visited him and made sure he was ok. We got back to the RV, Rob changed clothes while I made him a cup of coffee, and he was on his way.
The girls and I settled in for the evening.
Saturday dawned and it promised to be another beautiful day. I did not have a car but I had plenty to do. I went for a run and then Penny Lane and I sat out on the dock and soaked in the early morning sun and breezes.
PENNY LANE DEFINITELY HAS THE BEACH LOOK GOING ON
I also did a bit of cleaning, some basic maintenance checks and took a few underwater videos. My favorite was a short video of a nurse shark. I have yet to figure out how to get it to load.
The girls and I took a few short walks and just enjoyed the peaceful day. The tiny dinosaurs were on the move and kept Penny Lane on her toes. I was able to open the door and windows and let the ocean breezes freshen things.
It is the time of year when evening sunsets come early. Our location allows a lovely view right out the front window.
WAITING FOR ANYTHING THE FISHERMEN MIGHT GIVE HIM
Rob made it back well after sunset. His dad is doing well and will remain in the care of the hospital for a few more days. He encouraged Rob to return to the Keys and finish out our stay. We will play each day by ear.
Another great day in this thing we call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment