Monday, October 3, 2016

Ryder Cup victory and heading south

We really enjoyed our time at the Ryder Cup.  The competition was top notch and the sportsmanship between the golfers was as one would hope for.

The fans, as a whole, were awesome.  Their patriotism showed throughout the competition and their behavior was exemplary.

As is often the case, a small number of poorly behaved fans, got way too much press.  The media, once again, chose to highlight these behaviors.  I will admit that the bad ones were really bad.

  Rob and I were on the course by 0800 each morning.  The food vendors were already selling beer, wine and mixed drinks.  I find this ridiculous.  I saw guys walking with one open beer in one hand and one unopened beer in the other.  The folks that arrange for the sales of alcohol should not make it available at 0800 and it should stop sales a few hours before the competition ends.  All of the bad behavior that I witnessed appeared to be alcohol induced.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a beer but I do not enjoy watching others make fools of themselves because they cannot control themselves.  We are all responsible for our behaviors but sports venues should re look their alcohol sales rules.

We did not go to Hazeltine on Saturday or Sunday.  The crowds were massive and we decided that the comfort of the RV was the best place to watch.  We had been having a bit of a problem getting our satellite to lock in on a signal so I suggested we move it forward just a bit.  There was a fairly large tree right in the place we needed to point to lock a signal.  I got on top of the RV, took my compass and found our angle.  We moved Lewis forward about three feet and we were good to go.

Rob and I spent a lot more time watching television than we usually do but we really wanted to cheer the US team whether we were at Hazeltine or on the couch.

We did go out on Saturday night to a place called Charlie's on Prior.  Prior is a really pretty lake just a few miles away from our camp.  The place was bustling and we had great seats to watch the sunset.  Each evening, at sunset, everyone gets quiet and the bartender gives a sunset toast.  The food and service were both really good.


The weather in Minnesota had been absolutely gorgeous the past few days.  Bright, sunny days with temps in the low 70s and night temps in the low 50s.  We had gotten some good walks with the girls and I had gotten some good morning runs.  Penny Lane seemed to love the weather.  She loved it so much that she decided, at times, to just be naughty.  She ended up in time out on Sunday.
SHE HATES TO BE LEFT OUT BUT IT CALMS HER

It is time for us to head south a bit so....

Monday is moving day!

Another great day in this thing we call life.


No comments:

Post a Comment