Thursday, October 13, 2016

A New state for Lewis and stopping at the Beach

Our plan to deal with Matthew went amazingly well.

We had gone from hoping that we would not need to move Rob's dad Sam or worry about our house in Florida to jumping through hoops to get a plan to do both.

When it was all said and done, Sam got a mini vacation in Orlando while Matthew blew by, and our house did just fine.

I was in Alabama while all this was going on.  I was in the motorhome and had the car and dogs with me. Alabama was a new state for  Lewis and he sat on a hill near my cousin's house.  I mastered the skill of making 20 amps work on a 50 amp rig.  The motorhome has an on board generator so I had all the power necessary should I need it.

 I spent time with family and took care of business.  I had many good laughs and quite a few "shake my head" moments.

Rob flew in on Sunday night and our plan was to leave on Wednesday.  He had taken care of his dad, checked on the house and even gotten some clean up done.

We were up and moving with purpose on Wednesday morning.  This always makes the girls a bit nervous.  They know that things are about change but they do not know what it all means.

We were going back to Florida and we were on the road by 0800.  We got to I65S and had chosen to drive towards Panama City Beach, Florida.

Panama City Beach, FL is a very popular destination.  I remember it being a post high school graduation and spring break choice for students.  It sits on the gulf coast and boasts white sandy beaches.  Rob and I had never been so we decided to make that our stop for the night.

We arrived around 4pm and quickly got Lewis set up.  We took the girls for a walk and made our way to the beach.  Dogs are not allowed on the beach so we stood on a boardwalk and watched the sun set.

THE WHITE SANDY BEACHES





It is hard to beat a gorgeous coastal sunset.  The sound of the waves gently meeting the beach and the sight of the sun rapidly meeting the horizon......so very soothing.

Another great day in this thing we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment