Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Back to Florida, sunsets, sunrise and dolphins

Our trip back from Puerto Rico went well.  We got a taxi to the airport, our flight was on time and we were in Orlando and in our car before dark.  Our bags were intact except for a minor hair conditioner explosion.  I had the container in an individual baggie so no big deal.

We got back to the house and the girls were crazy excited.  No pretense with them.  They were barking and jumping and making it perfectly clear that they missed us.

 I can remember when our cat would come to the door and then turn around, lift his tail and give us a good view of hit butt as he walked away.  It was his way of punishing us for leaving him.  He was such an awesome cat.  The girls just give it up as soon as we walk in.

We still had things to do around the house so we spent a portion of Tuesday working.  I started working on the big screens around the pool.  A few of them got ripped out during Matthew and really needed to be replaced.  I decided to have a go at doing it myself.  The screens are fairly big 6'x5' so it is a bit like wrestling an alligator getting it lined up and getting the skein started.  Once I got things going , it was not too bad.  I finished one and it looks pretty good.  The wind was picking up so I did not start another.

We have needed to get rid of some furniture for some time now.  Most of it was in his parent's room.  This room has become a storage area since it was the only one that did not flood during the great slab leak of 2015.  I was not blogging then but I can assure you that it was a mess.  We had to empty all other rooms and have floors and walls redone.  The storage room (formerly his parent's room (fhpr)) had several pieces of large furniture that had not been used in several years.  It took a bit of time for Rob to be ready to give it away but we did just that yesterday.  We gave it to an organization that was happy to get it and the room is now not nearly so full.  It will soon be full again because we are going to empty a storage room in Virginia and put the contents in the storage area(fhpr).  Anyway, giving the stuff away was huge.  We have more to give but we have taken the first steps.

In the middle of all our activities, we visit with Sam.  We went yesterday and decided to take the girls.
PENNY LANE AND ANNIE ON THEIR BEST BEHAVIOR

I walked around a bit with Annie Belle and she got lots of hugs and pets from the residents.  The older women really liked her.  One particular lady wanted to hold her and had no desire to give her back.  It made Annie a bit nervous but she did great.  Penny Lane was amazingly composed.

After our visit, we came home, had dinner and took the girls for a walk.  We were treated with a gorgeous sunset.


We also had dolphin swimming against the seawall.  Penny Lane got very excited whenever they would breach.  I hope I never get so busy that sights like this do not touch me.  

We were up early Wednesday morning and off for a run.  We got to the beach and the sun was just rising.
FANTASTIC

EMPTY

With our run complete, we got back to the house and Rob had to get ready to take Sam for an appointment.  I stayed home with the girls and got house stuff done.

The weather has been gorgeous and we hope to take the kayaks out later this evening.  

I miss Lewis but we must get things done.

Another great day in this thing we call life.




No comments:

Post a Comment